As the Production Leader, you'll work closely with our Production Manager to coordinate and control all steps of the production process. You'll support and mentor our production team, ensuring that they are equipped with the necessary manufacturing practice, tools, and techniques. And you'll play a vital role in driving continuous improvement activities and promoting a positive team spirit.
But that's not all - as the Production Leader, you'll also have the opportunity to develop your own skills and the organisation as a whole. We're committed to a culture of continuous improvement, and you'll have the chance to trial and implement new tools and techniques.
So if you're a natural leader with a passion for quality management and continuous improvement, we'd love to hear from you. Check out the key responsibilities and qualifications below:
PRODUCTION LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing manufacturing and production processes.
- Effective resource planning for the production department.
- Ensuring machine and line changeover are completed in the set time with line clearances adhered to.
- Striving to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines.
- Maintaining cleanliness standards across the site.
- Implementing the company's procedures and policies.
- Communicating any problems or obstacles to senior management.
- Monitoring efficiencies, standards, and quality control.
- Training, coaching, and mentoring of production team.
- Implementing safety, health, environment, and quality requirements.
- Work with the technician to facilitate PPM, proper use of machinery and minimise downtime.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in all areas of production responsibility.
- Ensure working documents are accurate and updated as required.
- Undertaking of risk assessments for the production department.
- Undertaking of cross -departmental internal audits.
- Address and rectify if appropriate any reported safety issues on the production line and escalate if necessary.
- Act as an emergency first aider / fire warden if necessary.
- To maintain knowledge of new process and machine and line set ups.
- Allocated key holder.
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Risk Assessment.
- Mechanically minded and able to diagnose first line machine faults and able to conduct change overs on machinery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the core product range.
- Able to create and implement SSOW (Safe Systems of work).
- Able to create and implement (SOP) Standard Operating Procedures.
- Able to implement and maintain a PPM schedule.
- Instinctive Motivator
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER PERSON PROFILE:
The Production Leader should be a recognised leader for the Production Team, striving to improve performance and processes. They should strive to meet deadlines, have a positive outlook and be calm under pressure.
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION MANAGER DEVELOPMENT:
The Production Leader will have opportunities to develop both themselves and the organisation, within a culture of continuous improvement. The production leader will be given opportunities to trial and where applicable implement new tools and techniques. Regular appraisals will set and develop individual training plans, derived from a mutually agreed training needs analysis.
If you're a natural leader with a passion for quality management and driving progress, we want to hear from you! Apply today and take your production management skills to new heights with us.
What is in it for you?
As a key player in our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary of up to £35,000, commensurate with your experience, along with an annual bonus. Plus, you'll benefit from our supportive company culture and excellent perks.